Elwick Village Atlas
Are you a resident of Elwick or the surrounding area? Do you want to find out more about your area? If so you may be interested in what was found by the Village Atlas project.
This project celebrated the historic environment of Elwick, using archaeology, historic buildings and landscapes. It linked with the biodiversity and geodiversity to provide a full understanding of the environment.
Elwick Village Atlas Summary Document to download
Summary document of the Elwick Village Atlas edited by Minna West, 2015 – Elwick Village Atlas – Summary Document (PDF, 3Mb)
Full Village Atlas Document to download by section
- Soil Site Report by Lesley Dunlop, 2012 – Soil Site Report (PDF, 2Mb)
- Hydrogeology & Surface Hydrology Report by Heather Tait, 2013 – Hydrogeology and Surface Hydrology Report (PDF, 1Mb)
- A report on the Geology and Building Stones of Elwick by Lesley Dunlop, 2014 – Geology and Building Stones Report (PDF, 3Mb)
- Elwick Village Building Recording by Tees Archaeology, 2013 – Building Recording Report (PDF, 3Mb)
- Geophysical Surveys of The Green, Elwick by University of Durham, 2013 – Elwick Village Green Hartlepool GEO (PDF, 2Mb)
- Elwick Village Green Excavations by Tees Archaeology, 2013 – Elwick Village Atlas Excavations (PDF, 3Mb)
- Medieval Elwick by Tees Archaeology, 2014 – Medieval Elwick (PDF, 2Mb)
- Development of Elwick Village since 1850 by Vicky Harrison and Sandra Leonard, 2014 – Development of Elwick Village since 1850 Report (PDF, 254kb)
- Elwick in WWII by David Self, 2014 – Elwick in World War II (PDF, 3Mb)
- The Historic Environment of Elwick by Tees Archaeology, 2014 – The Historic Environment of Elwick (PDF, 2Mb)