Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of the Limestone Landscapes Partnership
- Champion and co-ordinate informed, participative and integrated action on the environment across a broad range of sectors.
- Deliver environment-led actions that achieve social and economic benefits.
- Work with communities connected to the natural area to help shape a landscape that reflects their needs.
- Conserve and enhance the unique biodiversity, geo-diversity, landscape, heritage and cultural assets of the partnership area and strengthen and develop local character and distinctiveness.
- Improve access to countryside and natural green-space, and opportunities for healthy ‘green exercise’ that will improve mental, physical and social well-being.
- Raise awareness of the environment of the partnership area as an educational resource and a source of local pride, creating stronger links between urban and rural areas.
- Empower local people to participate in activities and decision-making on the environment.
- Improve, promote and use the environment as a stimulus for economic regeneration and sustainable growth.
- Support and promote activities that help to mitigate, or adapt to, the impacts of climate change.
- Support and complement the work of partners through linking and securing resources and expertise.
For further information about the initiation of Limestone Landscapes please download the following PDF:
Durham Natural Areas Partnership Feasibility Study Final Report (PDF, 1Mb)
The current organisations tasked with developing the project can be found on the Partners page.