This page is where you can find and download all the self-guided walk leaflets produced by the Limestone Landscapes Project.
Kingdom of Quarries site guides
Kingdom of Quarries leaflet
This leaflet looks at four former quarry sites between Coxhoe and Bishop Middleham that are managed by Durham Wildlife Trust. It includes Raisby GrasslandsTrimdon Grange Quarry, Town Kelloe Bank and Bishop Middleham Quarry. Download Durham Wildlife Trust sites around Bishop Middleham Coxhoe Kelloe and Trimdon Grange (PDF, 1Mb)
A Defended Land leaflets
South Tyneside leaflet
Download South Tyneside Defended Land Walk (PDF, 2Mb) to find out more about coastal defences along the South Tyneside coast next to the Leas, Marsden Bay, Trow Point and Frenchman’s Bay.
Roker Cliff Top leaflet
Download Roker Cliff top Defended Land Walk (PDF, 4Mb) to read about coastal defences surrounding the port at Roker.
Download Seaham Defended Land Walk (PDF, 5Mb) to find out more about coastal defences around Seaham.
Hartlepool Headland leaflet
Download Hartlepool Headland Defended Land Walk (PDF, 3Mb) to read more about coastal defences around Hartlepool Headland.
Trails and Tribulations GeoTrail Leaflets
- Marsden Cleadon and Whitburn – Cliffs Quarries and Mills GeoTrail (PDF, 1Mb)
- Sunderland City Centre – Rock in the City GeoTrail (PDF, 1Mb)
- Tunstall Hills – On Top of a Tropical Reef GeoTrail (PDF, 1Mb)
- Seaham to Hawthorn – Cliffs Caves and Curious Rocks GeoTrail (PDF, 1Mb)
- Coxhoe Kelloe and Quarrington Hill – Coal Clay and Quarries GeoTrail (PDF, 1Mb)
Village Atlas Walk Leaflets
- Download Elwick Walk Leaflet (PDF, 3Mb) to find out about two of the new walks created around Elwick, along with showing historic buildings surrounding the Village Green.
- Download Cleadon Walk Leaflet (PDF, 5Mb) to find out about historic buildings around Cleadon.