Are you a resident of Easington Village, Easington Colliery or the surrounding area? Do you want to find out more about your area? If so you may be interested in the Village Atlas project.
This project celebrated the historic environment of Easington Village and Easington Colliery, using archaeology, historic buildings and landscapes. It linked with the biodiversity and geodiversity to provide a full understanding of the environment.
For more information, please email email@example.com
Easington Atlas Summary Document
The summary document will give you an overview of what has been found out about Easington during the project. You can find what interests you, and then look into the full Easington Atlas for more information. Download Easington Atlas – Summary Document (PDF, 22Mb)
The main version of the Easington Atlas is available here for you to download. It is divided into five sections. If you want to read a full copy of the Atlas it is available at Easington Library, Easington Colliery Welfare, Seaton Holme, Durham Central Library, and the local schools.
- Cover, Acknowledgements, Introduction, Location and Landscape & Sources of Evidence – Easington Atlas 01 – From Cover to Sources of Evidence (PDF, 9Mb)
- Geology around Easington (Paul Williams), Quarries (Jeff Playle), Ecology, Biodiversity & Hydrology (Ivan Dunn) – Easington Atlas 02 – From Geology to Hydrology (PDF, 4Mb)
- Historic Site Gazetteer, Historic Buildings (Peter Ryder), Communities in the Landscape, Villages, Easington Village & Little Thorpe historic map regression, & Farms of Easington Historic Map Regression – Easington Atlas 03 – From Historic Site Gazetteer to Farms (PDF, 26Mb)
- Historical Synthesis – Easington Atlas 04 – Historical Synthesis (PDF, 24Mb)
- Dog fight over Easington (Mary Bell), Easington Pit Disaster (Mary Bell), The Growth of the Settlement in the 20th Century, Easingtons Alternative History Sites, Conclusions, Bibliography, Appendices & Recollections of William Clark from Easington Colliery – Easington Atlas 05 – From Dog Fight over Easington to Back Cover (PDF, 7Mb)