Field Training for Staff and Volunteers
Field training in Bird identification
- Field training in Bird identification
- Field training in the geology of Marsden Old Quarry
- Field training in the ecology of Marsden Old Quarry
- Field training in the history of Hawthorn Dene
- Field training in the ecology of Penshaw Monument
- Field training in butterfly transects
- Field training in the geology of Sunderland
The Limestone Landscapes Team is organising a series of talks and walks aimed at professionals, guided walk leaders and volunteers who want to learn more about the geology, biodiversity and historic environment of the Limestone Landscapes. This training will give them the confidence to pass on the information they learn to others.
There will be a number of events each year led by professionals and open to staff and volunteers from other organisations.
Still to come
The Field Training Project is currently running a series of biodiversity monitoring courses to tie in with the Village Atlas projects. These courses include bird, wildflower, moth and butterfly identification. We are also organising a course about the geology and its influence on Magnesian Limestone Grasslands at Souter and Marsden.
For information contact Ken Bradshaw.
Tel: 03000 267 152