Geology Day School at Blackhall Rocks
- Geology Day School at Blackhall Rocks
- Geology Day School at Cold Knuckles Quarry
- Geology Day School at North Dock Roker
- Geology Day School at Seaham Harbour
- Historic Day School at Haswell Engine House
- Historic Day School at Penshaw Monument
- Historic Day School at St Mary’s Seaham
- Historic Ghost Tour of Hartlepool Headland
- Wildlife Day School at Bishop Middleham Quarry
- Wildlife Day School at Hawthorn Meadows
- Wildlife Day School at Thrislington NNR
The Limestone Landscapes Team organised a series of talks and walks aimed at the general public who wanted to learn more about the geology, wildlife and history of the Limestone Landscapes area.
This Project has completed.
We organised 25 events over the three and a half years of the programme including:
- An introduction to the Limestone Landscapes area
- The geology of sites such as Thrislington Quarry and Blackhall Rocks
- Wildlife at Bishop Middleham and Blackhall
- The history of settlements such as Easington, Hart and Elwick
- We have run special events as part of this programme to tie into Heritage Open Days, giving historic and geological tours of Seaham
- We have also used this project to give access to the Natural Environment for groups such as BlindLife and the Options Group
For information on courses that took place contact Sue Mullinger at Durham County Council.
Tel: 03000 267 142